Are you planning to buy a drone? Choose one of the 2016 best drones with features that fit your purpose. We have here a list of the latest and 2016 best drones and quadcopters. However, since most of these models are upgraded version of its predecessors, it means these are not for amateurs.
Note: quads that are suitable for beginners are marked with *.
See video at the end
Brands like 3D Robotics, OnagoFly, and Walkera, as well as nano-sized quadcopters, are not recommended for new users. Same goes with the previous Parrot models and any crowdfunded projects. The issue is reliability.
If you buy a model, it’s advisable to also buy an extra battery and spare parts, like motors, just in case.
2016 Best Drones
Models under $100
Micro-sized—ordinarily as big as your palm, including the propellers
*Hubsan X4 H107L
- Upgraded version of the trendy micro-beginners should buy the alternative prop guard.
- Fixed prop guards and reliable
- Small-sized, about 10 in² and is very light
- Affordable, reliable, quality materials, and knowledge availability
- X5c model has a camera
Syma has recently launched the X 11 model, with a size that is between a micro and a mini. It has a good review and it’s recommended for a first or second quadcopter.
*WL Toys v636 Skylark
- A latest and more advanced “toy grade” mini
*WL Toys v959 (new)
- A standard quadcopter upgraded with superior stabilization system with a built-in camera for taking video and photos. New users can get rid of the camera once they master flying the V959.
- Another great toy grade quadcopter! This is a bit similar to the WL Toys v636—but better.
This is just the first part. Don’t forget to read the second part of 2016 Best Quadcopters.