Carefully unpack your Trackimo device. Your packaging should include:
A Quick Start Guide and a Safety & Warranty page are also included.
Your battery will not be installed or charged when you first unpack your device.
Install the battery by taking off the back cover and inserting the battery. To take off the back cover, gently push it in the middle and slide it off.
To charge, connect one end of the data cable to the charger port at the bottom of the device, and the other end to a power USB adaptor.
Then connect the USB adapter to a power outlet. Charge the device for 12 hours.
On your PC (not smartphone), using the latest version of your Internet Browser, visit www.trackimo.com and click on “Log In” and then “Sign Up”.
Enter your email, choose a password, re-enter the password and click on the “Sign Up for Trackimo” button. You will receive a confirmation email to validate your email address.
From this point on you can login through www.trackimo.com.
IMPORTANT: You must locate this email and click the confirmation link. If you don’t receive the email in your Inbox within 2-3 minutes of registering, check your Junk / Spam Folder as it may have been received there.
Once your device has been fully charged (the red light on the device will stop blinking and will remain on – this typically takes at least 8 hours), press the red button on the top of the device and hold for at least 5 seconds. The green light on the front of the device should flash for 3 seconds.
We recommend that you allow the device to receive its first GPS signal before activating. Place your device outside in an open area with strong cellular service and a clear, unobstructed, southwest view of the sky (satellite location). Wait at least 15 minutes. Now you are ready to activate you device using you PC (not smartphone).
When you are logged into your Trackimo account on www.trackimo.com, press “Activate Device” to begin the activation process.
REMEMBER: The device has to be fully charged before the first activation.
In case you may have forgotten your password, you can click on the forgotten password link in the login dialog. An email will be sent to you to reset your password. Clicking on the link within the email will open a browser window and will allow you to set a new password.
To provide you with a richer visual and audio experience, the device will display lights and make sounds. The picture below shows where all the buttons and lights are located on the device and the table below shows what causes these lights and sounds to occur.
|When this happens…||Lights||Sounds|
|Power on the device||Green light will flash 3 times||2 short beeps|
|Power off the device||Red light will flash twice||Long beep|
|Connected to mobile network||Left blue light on for 4 seconds||Long beep|
|Any key is pressed||Green light turns on for 3 seconds||%empty%|
|SOS key pressed for 2 seconds||Both blue lights flash twice||Long beep|
|Left or Right key pressed for 2 seconds||Corresponding blue light flashes twice||Long beep|
|Low Battery||Red light flashing||%empty%|
|Charging||Red light slowly flashing||%empty%|
|Plugged in and fully charged||Red light steady||%empty%|
|Cellular network and GPS not connected||Left and right blue lights flash slowly||Short beep|
|No cellular network connection, GPS connected reached||Right blue light turns on for 4 seconds||Short beep|
|Cellular network and GPS connection reached||Left blue light on for 4 seconds||Short beep|
* For silent mode setting, please see Device Beep Settings on page 15.
After logging in to the Trackimo website with your username and password, you will reach the Trackimo dashboard. The image below depicts the Trackimo dashboard with a short explanation in the table below about the key items within the dashboard.
|A||Device Marker Icon||This is the icon that is associated with a device. This will be the icon representing the device on the map. (You can change your icon in the setting menu.)|
|B||Device Nickname||This is the nickname chosen for your device, which will appear in emails and notifications. (You can change your device’s nickname by clicking the edit icon next to it. Select a new nickname and save.)|
|C||Device Info Pop Up||Provides location and speed information about the device, and is located right above the device marker on the map.|
|D||Notification Menu||Alerts the user to the number of unread device notifications, and upon clicking the menu shows all device notifications.|
|E||User Menu||Upon clicking provides user specific options such as logging out or activating another device.|
|F||Device Location Information||Provides location, battery status and speed information about the device.|
|G||Update Location Button||Updates the device location.|
|H||Tracking Frequency Selector||Provides the option to select how frequently the device updates its location. Please note, the more frequently that the device updates its location, the shorter battery life it will have.|
|I||Settings Menu Button||Upon clicking the button, the alarm menu will open allowing setting alarms and notifications.|
|J||Fences Menu||Upon clicking the button, existing fences appear and the fences menu becomes available.|
|K||View History Selector||Selects the device history and shows it on the map.|
|L||Tags||Allows entering multiple tags per device.|
|M||Device Notifications||The device notifications, upon clicking them, will be cleared from the list.|
|N||Manage Subscription||This section shows subscription information regarding the device and allows renewing the current subscription and increasing monthly text alert limit.|
|O||Device Filter||This filter allows you to filter device by nickname, id, tags and fences|
|P||User Preferences||Allows you to change measurement units, SOS alarm sound and date format|
|Q||Activate Device||Allows you to add devices to account|
|R||Export History||Allows you to download device history in CSV format|
|S||Send “beep” to device||This button sends beep command to device. Once the device receives the command, the beep signal will be heard|
The device information can be found in two places:
The location information available is the device address, time tracked, speed, battery percentage left, and the longitude and latitude location of the device.
If GPS location is not available, the location will be based on GSM location and text will appear in the device location information area notifying you that the location is based on the cellular network. A blue halo will also surround the
tracking marker notifying you that the location is approximate, as shown in the image to the right.
Upon clicking on the update location button (available for each device) Trackimo will attempt to contact the device through the cellular network and retrieve the device’s exact location.
Trackimo will retrieve an exact GPS-based location, but if GPS is unavailable at the device location, Trackimo will attempt to approximate the location using the mobile network signals to the device.
If the device is unreachable for 60 seconds during the location update process, the system will notify the user with an information notification. Reasons that the device may be unreachable may include; the device being turned off, the device is out of battery, and the device is in an area that does not have cell phone reception.
The device location frequency can be set by the user. This setting determines how often the device reports its location to you through the Trackimo system.
|Manual||The device location will only update when the user clicks the update location button; this ensures the longest battery life to the device.|
|1 Minute||The device will update its location every 1 minute; this mode will cause the device to have the shortest battery life.|
|5 Minutes||The device will update its location every 5 minutes; this mode will cause the device to have a short battery life.|
|30 Minutes||The device will update its location every 30 minutes; this mode will cause the device to have a moderate battery life.|
|120 Minutes||The device will update its location every 120 minutes; this mode will cause the device to have a long battery life.|
The device history can be displayed on the map by selecting the device history from the history dropdown.
The map will display history marker icons in grey. The map will connect the markers to indicate the device’s tracking path, and will number the device marker icons to form a device history timeline.
The device history can be shown from the last hour, today (24 hours), the last week, and by specifying a specific date and time range (start and end).
Clicking on any device marker info from the history will show the time of the history, the location and the speed.
The map will automatically zoom to show all the history of the device in a single view for you. You can also zoom in and out to better view the device history.
Clicking on the device alarms will open a settings menu on top of the screen. This will allow you to set the device’s specific settings and alarm notifications.
Alarms are sent to your configured email and to the Trackimo dashboard. The notification alarms will include the device’s location and speed at the time the alarm is triggered.
The following alarms are available:
|Speed Limit||A notification is sent when the speed limit is crossed.|
|Low Battery||A notification is sent when the battery level reaches 20%.|
|Moving Start||A notification is sent when the device starts to move.|
|Right Key Pressed||A notification is sent when the right key is pressed on the device.|
|Left Key Pressed||A notification is sent when the left key is pressed on the device.|
|SOS Key Pressed||A notification is sent when the SOS key is pressed on the device.|
The following settings are available:
|Device Beep Sound||This turns the beeping options of the device on or off. When “off” the device will operate in “silent mode” and no beeps will be heard upon turning on, pressing the SOS and left/right button etc.|
|Device Marker Icons||Selects the icon for the device marker|
Sending Alarms to contacts
The Trackimo service allows you to send alarms you may receive to other contacts through their email address or as an SMS alarm to their cell phone.
This can be done by clicking on the “Add contacts for this alarm” link below each alarm.
When this is done a dialog will appear as shown in the image below. Contacts that are checked on the right side will receive the alarm. You may remove a contact by clicking on the “Remove from contacts list” link.
To create a new contact, click on the “New Contact” button. This will open a dialog as shown below. You can either add an email or a phone number as a contact.
Clicking on the Manage Subscription link will open the following popup on top of the screen. This will allow you to see subscription information and perform actions such as “increase your monthly text alerts limit”.
Subscription information includes:
Increase your monthly text alerts limit
User can choose the country code for text alerts usage and increase monthly limit of text alerts to 25, 50 & 100 alerts per month. This package requires additional monthly subscription according to desire limit. After choosing the monthly limit, user can choose subscription plan and pay by credit card or PayPal.
A GeoFence is a virtual fence (a rectangle around a certain location) that you can set using the Trackimo dashboard. When the device crosses the virtual fence, you will receive an email alarm message with information of when the device has crossed the virtual fence.
Creating a GeoFence
To setup a GeoFence:
Modifying a GeoFence
Deleting a GeoFence
A limited one-year warranty applies to all Trackimo products purchased from an authorized reseller.
Subject to the exclusions contained below, Trackimo warrants its Devices and accessories (“Products”) to be free from defects in materials and workmanship under normal consumer usage for the term of coverage outlined below. This limited one-year warranty applies to all Trackimo products purchased from an authorized reseller.
(1) Term. The Products shall be covered under this warranty for a period of three hundred sixty-five (365) days from the date of your purchase regardless of when the products are actually received by you.
(2) Exclusions. The following are excluded from coverage under this warranty: a. Normal Wear and Tear. Periodic maintenance, repair and replacement of parts due to normal wear and tear are excluded from coverage; b. Ornamental Decorations. Ornamental decorations such as emblems, graphics, rhinestones, jewels, gemstones and their settings, and other decorative elements, are excluded from coverage; c. Batteries. Only batteries whose fully charged capacity falls below 80% of their rated capacity and batteries that leak are covered by this limited warranty; d. Abuse & Misuse. Defects or damage that result from: (i) improper operation, storage, misuse or abuse, accident or neglect, such as physical damage (cracks, scratches, etc.) to the surface of the product resulting from misuse; (ii) contact with liquid, water, rain, extreme humidity or heavy perspiration, sand, dirt or the like, extreme heat, or food; (iii) use of the device or accessories for commercial purposes or subjecting the device or accessory to abnormal usage or conditions; or (iv) other acts which are not the fault of Trackimo, are excluded from coverage; e. Unauthorized Service or Modification. Defects or damages resulting from service, testing, adjustment, installation, maintenance, alteration, including without limitation, software changes, or modification in any way by someone other than Trackimo, or its authorized service centers, are excluded from coverage; f. Altered Products. Devices or accessories with (i) serial numbers or date tags that have been removed, altered or obliterated; (ii) broken seals or that show evidence of tampering; (iii) mismatched board serial numbers; or (iv) nonconforming or non-Trackimo housings, antennas, or parts, are excluded from coverage; g. Communication Services. Defects, damages, or the failure of products and Services due to any communication service or signal you may subscribe to or use with the products and Services is excluded from coverage.
(3) Transferability. This warranty extends only to the first consumer purchaser, and is not transferable.
(4) Actions. Trackimo, at its option, will at no charge repair, replace or refund the purchase price of any Product that does not conform to this warranty. We may use functionally equivalent reconditioned/ refurbished/pre-owned or new products, accessories or parts. No data, software or applications added to the device or accessories, including but not limited to personal contacts, games and ringer tones, will be reinstalled. To avoid losing such data, software and applications please create a back- up prior to requesting service.
(5) How to obtain warranty service. To obtain warranty service, please contact Trackimo at the address or customer service telephone number found on our website (https://trackimo.com/).
(6) Limited Products Warranty. THE REPAIR, REPLACEMENT, OR REFUND AS PROVIDED UNDER THIS EXPRESS LIMITED WARRANTY IS THE EXCLUSIVE REMEDY OF THE PURCHASER AND IS PROVIDED IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OF IMPLIED. IN NO EVENT SHALL TRACKIMO BE LIABLE, WHETHER IN CONTRACT OR TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) FOR DAMAGES IN EXCESS OF THE PURCHASE PRICE OF THE RELEVANT PRODUCTS, OR FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OF ANY KIND, OR LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, LOSS OF BUSINESS, LOSS OF INFORMATION OR DATA, SOFTWARE OR APPLICATIONS OR OTHER FINANCIAL LOSS ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE ABILITY OR INABILITY TO USE THE PRODUCTS TO THE FULL EXTENT THESE DAMAGES MAY BE DISCLAIMED BY LAW.
Note: Some countries, states, and jurisdictions do not allow the limitation or exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, or limitation on the length of an implied warranty, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply. This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights that vary from one legal jurisdiction to another.
TRACKIMO EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, QUALITY, ACCURACY, AND TITLE. TRACKIMO DOES NOT WARRANT AGAINST INTERFERENCE WITH THE ENJOYMENT OF THE SERVICES ASSOCIATED WITH THE PRODUCTS. TRACKIMO DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES ARE ERROR-FREE OR THAT OPERATION OF THE SERVICES WILL BE SECURE OR UNINTERRUPTED. PURCHASER WILL NOT HAVE THE RIGHT TO MAKE OR PASS ON ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY ON BEHALF OF TRACKIMO TO ANY END-USER OR OTHER THIRD PARTY. (SEE ALSO GENERAL LIMITATION OF LIABILITY BELOW)
Enter your email for updates & Special deals