One of the States 550 Missing People

Roy T. Blair strapped a resting sack to the back of his bike, which he borrowed from his sibling at $20, and went for an adventure on the open road in 1988.

He never got his last paycheck, and following a month with no word from her son, his mother went to the police to report the 28-year-old’s disappearance. The police she met declined to take a report.

No report implied that the Oregon man’s vanishing never made it to the National Crime Information Center, a national database accessible to law enforcement.

Scroll down for video


If not for his wallet that was found about 28 years after, Blair’s remains would have joined the 13,000 other bodies in the state that remain unidentified until now.

Hikers in January ran over Blair’s skull in some woods close to 140th Street NW and Marine Drive close Kayak Point.

Snohomish County sheriff’s major crime detectives, investigators with the Medical Examiner’s Office, and forensic anthropologist Dr. Kathy Taylor met on the scene. The site was searched and uncovered, and a greater amount of Blair’s remaining parts were found, alongside a wallet and dress.

Investigators couldn’t read his driver’s license, but a military identification card was still readable. Blair had served in the U.S. Armed Force.

However, he wasn’t recorded as missing in the national database. Detectives were still able to locate his sister in the Portland range. She affirmed that Blair had vanished in 1988. Blair’s mom had kicked the bucket before January’s discovery.

In the wake of talking with Snohomish County sheriff’s investigators, his sister filed a missing persons report with the police in Portland. A detective there acquired Blair’s dental records and gave them to the investigators.

Scientific odonatologist Dr. Gary Bell affirmed recently that the remaining parts found in January were those of Blair.

Reason still Remains Unknown

The reason for his demise is still unknown. There were no conspicuous indications of injury, death examiner Jane Jorgensen said. It’s unclear when Blair died or why he was in Washington. His wife and daughter are in Oregon.

Without that wallet, Blair most likely could never had been identified, Scharf and Jorgensen said.

The detective and death investigator are attempting to create awareness about missing persons and unidentified remains cases.

They helped Victim Support Services start an educative booth that will be in plain view on the square outside the Snohomish County Courthouse in Everett. There will be a short program too.

Missing Children

News 18

The Victim Support Services

Victim Support Services was created in 1975 by families whose kids had gone missing. Some later turned up casualties of manslaughter. Some other people weren’t ever found.

Around 550 individuals are recorded missing in Washington. Moreover, there are roughly 125 unidentified remains cases state-wide, as indicated by the National Missing and Unidentified Persons System.

For various reasons, missing individuals have been expelled from the national database despite the fact that they haven’t been found yet, Scharf said. He prescribes that families get in touch with law enforcement to check that their loved ones are still recorded as absent.

Families likewise ensure that the missing individual’s dental records are acquired for police. The family also can present their DNA to the University of North Texas.

That could help law enforcement identify remains on the off chance that they are found.

If a missing person report was never filed or maybe police at the time refused to take a report, Scharf urges families and companions to contact police at another time.



Watch the video below