As a child, you must have dreamt of becoming a spy. There is definitely that allure that surrounds them, and the fact that spies have the best gear and gadgets makes the job even more enticing. Many individuals even continue to harbor that dream until they grow up.
Well, the good news is that becoming a spy now would not need you to be signed with a top-secret agency or be equipped with a state-of-the-art equipment that would break the bank. In fact, materials for unleashing your inner spy can actually be found at home.
Junior spy gadgets can be bought on the Internet or bought through a number of retail stores. These items are mostly designed to be non-hazardous and safe for children. They provide kids with the perfect opportunity to explore their imagination.
Scroll down for video
Here are some examples of modern spy gadgets that are perfect for young spies in training:
- Invisible ink pens. To read the secret message, flash the UV black light usually found on the cap’s end. This may last up to 36 hours and are perfect for writing down secret passwords. Bonus: spy paper is also available in stores.
- Change a caller’s voice. Attach your device to a mobile phone to change the caller’s voice to that of a duck or a robot.
- Fingerprint analysis kit. This home fingerprint kit usually comes with a fingerprint brush, stamps, dusting powder, ink pad, stencils, flap lifters, alternative light source, and of course, a fingerprint marker.
- Wristwatch with pop-up night scope. This classic spy gadget may come with a magnifying glassl.
- Long range walkie talkies
- Video camera glasses
Make Your Own Spy Gadgets
Parents don’t need to shell out a ton of money to encourage their kids to release their inner spy. A lot of spy gadgets can be made in the comfort of your own home. Here are some homemade spy gadgets that you can create for you or your kids:
- Invisible ink with lemon juice. Lemon juice is an organic substance that oxidizes and turns brown when heated. Diluting this in water makes it hardly visible when applied on paper.
- Homemade fingerprint dusting powder. All you need is corn starch and grated black chalk. You can dust the powder using an ordinary art brush.
- Cutting a hole in a hardcover book. Nothing like old fashioned hiding places, just make sure this isn’t a beloved book!
- File boxes containing binoculars, fake mustache, plastic test tubes and tweezers. See to it that the “essential items” are not harmed.
There are more advanced spy devices that you can install or make yourself. Remember the most iconic spy characters McGyver and 007 ? Well, these gadgets are enough to make them proud.
- Digital voice recorders
- Night vision goggles
- Pinhole-size digital cameras that can be built into other objects such as an alarm clock
- Access Card Lock Pick for Your Wallet
- Cell phone SIM card readers
- Key loggers
- GPS tracking systems like Trackimo come at a relatively low price and it will be perfect for monitoring the whereabouts of your children and loved ones.
There are hundreds of spy gadgets that are sold in the market nowadays, you just have to look in the right places to find something that will suit your needs and bring value to your investment. Whether you are doing this for fun or for more serious reasons such as protecting your family or personal assets, it is guaranteed that you’ll be able to find the gadget perfect for you.